Architectural guidelines have been established to provide the property owners, architects, and contractor a set of parameters for the preparation of their drawings. The drawings will have to adhere to the specifications stated in the Covenants and Restrictions associated with the development where one is building.
May Green is providing a guideline for application and plan submittal. This can all be achieved by following the step by step procedures with examples outlined on this website.
We will also give you information regarding some preliminary items you will have to complete prior to any permitting that is required by the York County Building and Codes Department. If you have any questions regarding any of this submittal process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When submitting the drawings and application you must also submit a review fee. This fee will not only cover the review process but also a fee associated with a mandatory DHEC regulation concerning stormwater management and erosion control. See fee schedule.
Submittals can be emailed to email@example.com. All drawings must be in PDF format and reproducible in a 11” X 17” size. If delivering hard copies to May Green’s office all drawings may not be any larger than 11” X 17” (non-returnable)
Procedure - Items Required
Architectural Review Application - Please fill out completely. A separate form is needed for any fences, pools, and detached buildings.
- Site Plan showing location of home related to set backs, location of drive-way, location of any fences and/or detached buildings - see example
- Copy of DHEC septic permit – Issued by the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
- Engineered drawings must include: (see examples of each)
- Floor plans of any and all finished floor levels – Heated square footage shall be defined as gross living area based on the bank appraisal method.
- Front, Back, Left, and Right Side Elevations
- Roof plans
**all drawings must be no larger that 11” X 17” when submitting hard copies, or all drawings must be in PDF format with the ability to reproduce in 11” X 17“size when submitting on-line**
Additional structures such as detached building, sheds, pools, and fences shall be submitted on a separate review application with a site drawing showing the location of each structure in relation to set backs and home. These structures must meet the requirements stated in the Covenants and Restrictions for that development.
Stormwater Management and Erosion Control
- Required by York County Building and Codes Department is a Stormwater Management and Erosion Control plan for the lot. The plan has to be developed by a third party, contact May Green Property for referral. The plan has to be submitted to the county in order to obtain grading permit. This approval process can take 4-6 weeks. See fee schedule.
- Each builder will be required to hire a third-party inspector for the Stormwater Management and Erosion Control requirements. This includes a pre-construction meeting with the county inspector, builder, and third-party inspector. Once construction begins the site has to be inspected by this third-party inspector once a week until permanent control measures are established. A portion of the Architectural Review fee includes hiring for the first month the third-party inspector to conduct the pre-construction meetings and weekly inspections. It will be up to the builder to retain the inspector’s services after the first month or find another.
Architectural Review - $250 ($150 for review, $100 for pre-construction meeting and 1st month of Stormwater Management and Erosion Control inspections)
Additional Structure Review - $50 (Includes detached building, shed, pool, and fences)
**above fees will be payable to May Green Properties or their designee**
Additional fees associated with the Stormwater Management and Erosion Control plan will vary according to third-party hired. There are county and state fees associated with the construction process. May Green can assist with informing the Owner/Builder of the current fee schedule.